HONG KONG — Sixteen people who had been trapped in a coal mine in southwestern China died of carbon monoxide poisoning, native officers said on Sunday.
An entire of 17 people have been pulled from the Songzao mine throughout the metropolis of Chongqing, the native authorities said on social media. One explicit individual was taken to the hospital, it added.
The deadly carbon monoxide ranges have been introduced on by the ignition of belts throughout the mine, the native authorities said, with out providing particulars.
The mine had beforehand been cited for safety violations, in accordance with the Chongqing Coal Mine Safety Administration. Regulators issued a positive merely two weeks previously after inspectors found that the placement, which is a subsidiary of the state-owned Chongqing Vitality Funding Group, had not carried out month-to-month safety checks on instruments.